Wednesday 9 November 2011

A Good Week for Shoes

It's been a good week for shoes.

Firstly, my husband decided to give me a gift on his birthday. He bought me a gorgeously impractical pair of shiny black heels that I enjoyed using in a photograph to illustrate a different (and understated) side path on my blogging journey.

Photobucket

I will enjoy wearing them too - and my husband assures me that he will enjoy seeing me wearing them which was his justification for buying them for me. Wins all round!

Secondly, my baby boy has properly made the transition to toddler. It has been a slow transition but he is now confident enough to walk unaided outside and consequently desperately needed shoes. I thought it would be a major headache trying to find shoes that would comfortably fit his chubby little feet and had resigned myself to paying upwards of £40 in the process. As it turned out, I found a gorgeous soft pair of lace-ups in Tesco that fit perfectly and didn't break the bank at all. 

He loves it that "putting on his shoes" is now part of the morning routine and he sits on the bottom stair waving his feet at me waiting for his turn. 

He very proudly held his big sister's hand as they walked into her nursery together on his first day of being a "big boy". It made me smile to see them and it was so much easier for me not having to carry him. 

So it's hello to these already scuffed and scruffy first grown up shoes...


...and goodbye to this:

2 comments:

  1. Oh, those booties are gorgeous! So cute that he loves them!

    As for the heels, they're beautiful - and can't wait to read about the 'side path' on your blogging journey ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, veeery nice heels :P
    love the concentration on his face in that video! I think our children could teach us a thing or two about making do with whats to hand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...