Monday 25 July 2011

My Last #MumenTum Post

Completing my 5K Run yesterday was a huge achievement for me and one I could not have conceived of before losing the baby weight and committing to regular exercise. My life really has changed in a very positive way.

With the scales reading 10st 5lbs this morning, I finally felt entitled to claim the last of the incentive rewards that my husband prepared for me back in September when I first decided to tackle my weight issues. I am embarrassed that it has taken me this long! Inside my gift bag was a beautiful pair of Swarkovski crytal earrings and an envelope containing money and instructions to buy myself some new clothes.

The gift was well timed. I am going shopping today with Charis who has decided that at 14years old, the time is right to have her ears pieced. Sensibly, she wants to do it now at the start of the summer holidays so that they will be completely healed by the time she starts back at school.

I really hope I can find some clothes that fit and make me feel good. I usually come home from shopping trips empty handed and feeling like some kind of freak with a body shape unwilling to co-operate with high street fashion. Not good for confidence or self-esteem.

I have every intention of continuing with a healthy lifestyle and maintaining my weight at its current level. If, however, the waistband of my jeans starts to feel a little tight and I have to let my belt out a notch, please be ready to accept me back into the Mumentum fold. In the meantime, Good Luck (I'll be checking in to see how everybody is getting on) and a big THANK YOU to everyone (especially Liska) for your support. I couldn't have done it without you. xx

6 comments:

  1. Well done on the run and for reaching your goal. Your husband sounds like a very nice man! I hope you had a successful shopping trip x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you. Thats great! How was the shopping?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Paula, lovely to see a graduation!

    So how was the shopping?

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent a grand total of £8 on one top. I am the world's worst at shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...