Tuesday 28 September 2010

12 Second Stripping

Since I have been waiting for a good downpour in order to video myself stripping from winter to summer clothes in 12seconds in the rain, the best the clouds have offered is a pathetic drizzle. As I am rapidly running out of time for this project, I decided a plan B was in order.

We have a pretty good camera built into the Mac which has the advantage of showing what you are recording on the monitor as you go. When you are being your own cameraman, this is worth considering. I decided to just go for it and see what happened.

My first strip actually took over 20seconds. Now if I had been doing that in the rain, I would have had to re-dress in wet clothes and try again, faster. It started to all feel like a much more sensible option to be doing it in the warmth and comfort (and dryness!) of our study.

Several strips later I had the 12 second requirement pretty much sorted - but I have to say it was much more of an energetic undertaking than I had imagined. By the time I had finished, I felt as though I had done a good workout.

The 12 seconds of footage that I finally committed to YouTube are not in any way a contender for the prize on offer. Other strips that I have viewed on the competition webpage have been far more worthy. So why then did I bother to submit it all? The answer to that is for the sheer pleasure of taking part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...